Here’s another tasty no-bake cake from the Little Patisserie. This quick and easy recipe looks the part and tastes even better. Enjoy an indulgent cream filling that’s not too sweet – with just a hint of vanilla. The biscuit base, soaked in cocoa milk, complements the fluffy cream topping perfectly. You can even add fruit on top for that finishing touch. (Slightly modified recipe from Quiero Cupcakes.)
No-Bake Easy to Make Cream Feast
For the cream filling:
- 500g mascarpone cheese
- 120ml cold, extra thick double cream
- 160ml sweet, condensed milk (I used canned milk)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
For the biscuit base:
- approx. 200g biscuits
- 100ml milk
- 2 tbsp sugarless cocoa
For the chocolate topping:
- 60g dark chocolate (I used 70% cocoa content)
- 60ml double cream or extra thick double cream
- optional fruits for decoration
Prepare the milk to soak the biscuits:
- Pour the milk into a bowl or saucepan, then gently warm through on the hob or in the microwave (make sure the dish is not metal if using a microwave). Check it regularly to ensure it doesn’t develop a skin. When it’s hot, add 2 tbsp of cocoa and stir until it is completely melted and free of lumps. Put aside to cool completely, stirring occasionally to stop a skin from forming.
- Pour the cream into a clean bowl and whisk with an electric mixer. Add the mascarpone cheese and mix again with the mixer set to medium speed. Pour in the sweet milk, add the vanilla extract and mix again until the ingredients are combined.
- Line a 25cm x 12cm cake tin with baking paper. Soak the biscuits in the cocoa milk and add to the tin. Don’t use all the mixture – just enough to make a first layer that covers the tin from corner to corner. Place 3 heaped tbsp of cream on top and smooth over. Soak the remaining biscuits in cocoa milk once again, then add a second layer over the cream. Place 3 more heaped tbsp of cream on the biscuits, smooth and place a third layer of biscuits soaked in milk. Repeat the process until you have a final biscuit layer on top.
- Cover the biscuit tin in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
Prepare the topping:
- Break the chocolate into smaller pieces and place in a bowl. Boil the heavy cream, then pour it into the chocolate. Stir together until the chocolate melts.
Finalising the cake:
Take the cooled cake out of the refrigerator. Remove the plastic wrap, cover it with a chopping board and turn the cake upside down. Carefully remove the cake tin and baking paper.
Smooth the chocolate topping over the biscuit base and top with fruits as desired. Keep refrigerated and enjoy!