Ah, the wonder of a delicious chocolate brownie – warm and moist on the inside, with inviting pieces of milk chocolate. I just love the smell of these tasty treats as it drifts through my house while they bake. They’re definitely one of my favourites! The key is to remember not to stir the mixture for too long, or bake for too long. I can certainly recommend.
Very Best Chocolate Brownies
- 150g unsalted butter
- 70g light brown sugar
- 70g dark muscovado cane sugar (use white if you don’t have this)
- 250g chopped dark chocolate
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 3 eggs
- 60g plain flour
- 3 level tbsp of sugar-free cocoa
- 1 pinch salt
- 100g coarsely chopped milk chocolate
- 50g milk chocolate
- chocolate cereal balls
- Place the butter in a saucepan. Add both sugars, chopped dark chocolate and vanilla paste. Turn the hob onto a low heat, stirring until the ingredients melt and combine to form a consistent mixture. Remove from the heat and leave to cool for about 10–15 minutes. Next, crack eggs into a bowl and stir them for a while with a fork.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the eggs and stir with a spatula or spoon to combine the ingredients.
- Mix flour with cocoa and salt, then add it to the chocolate mix. Stir several times with a spatula, then add the chopped milk chocolate and mix once again. Put the batter into a 20x20cm cake tin lined with baking paper and smooth it over. Pop it in the preheated oven and bake at 160°C for 25–30 minutes. I bake mine on the lowest rack.
- After removing from the oven, let the cake cool completely. Remove the cooled cake carefully from the tin. Melt the milk chocolate with steam or in a microwave and pour it over the top of the brownies. Lastly, decorate with chocolate cereal balls.
Happy baking! :)